To access the Transfer Credit Evaluation in Slate:
- Log into Slate
- Click the TR tab
- Click on the Transfer Credit Evaluation link
- Click Add Course to submit information for each course you hope to transfer
Students can submit courses for review once admitted to Babson College. All courses admitted students would like considered for credit at Babson College must be in the Transfer Credit Evaluation (including syllabi) prior to depositing. Once an admitted student deposits, access to Slate ends.
Understanding your Transfer Credit Evaluation once submitted and reviewed:
"Babson Course Name" This column shows a Babson course name or type of requirement that corresponds with your previous course. Electives are one category you may see here. Electives are advanced management courses and general courses. Students need at least twenty elective credits to meet degree requirements.
"Babson Course Credits" Babson courses are four credits. Previous coursework for more or less credits will be accepted. Your Student Success Advisor will guide you on how to make up credits and/or where extra credits will count.
"Evaluation Status" This column will indicate the status of your course review with one of the following:
- Tentatively Accepted - Reviewed and assigned credits, but need final transcript before official
- Not Accepted at Babson
- This column may be blank due to: waiting for required information to begin review OR the review is in progress but not yet complete
Use your Tentatively Accepted courses for a sense of what will transfer and how.
Class Year Standing
Babson students generally enroll in 16-18 credits per semester. Many transfer students need an additional semester (or summer course work) beyond their original graduation date. This can vary based on studying abroad, completing concentration(s), summer coursework, etc.
- 0-31.99 earned credits: First Year
- 32-63.99 earned credits: Sophomore